AOL Advert.(inspiration) AOL Advert.(inspiration)

Better audio. Please.

I admire the fact that you fit so much audio into such a small file size, and I'm glad that you didn't create a 5mb file for a 60 second animation as people have been known to do.

But in this case, I really think the audio quality needs to be improved, even if it means a larger file size. At some points it was literally uncomfortable to listen to.

The humour was solid, and the graphics... well, they got the job done. A good effort.

Slowloft© Slowloft©

Funny, but...

As someone who has both been on Zoloft, and has family who use(d) it, I was of a mixed mindset going into this movie.

The humour part of the satire was good. Moved at a nice clip, and lacked the long droughts of humour that films which attempt to be funny are often laden with.

The sober undertones of the movie were somewhat more disappointing, not to be rude. Yes, doctors can get paid to promote new drugs. Yes, medicine is an increasingly commercial business. These are both true.

They're also some of the only reasons we have many of the medications that exist today.

A lot of money, research, and effort goes into designing new drugs. While not all of the profit received is directly required to cover costs of research and development, not to mention testing - and a sizable amount of cash is - there's the simple fact that if it wasn't profitable, most people involved just wouldn't bother.

Very few people are willing to spend years, or in severe cases even decades, researching something that will earn them the same amount of cash they'd get bagging groceries. Money is a huge motivator. Maybe it shouldn't be, but it is.

For better or for worse, the current system results in drugs being made available to those who need them. It isn't particularly fair to single out drug companies as though they were the only people who are out to line their pockets with gold at the public's expense. At least the greed of the drug companies can result in positive change in the long run, something one can't say for many other such companies with questionable mores.

That's just my $0.02.

All seriousness put aside, it was a solid movie, and I'd look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

CirrusEpix responds:

I agree with you completely. There is a real need for these drugs. My problem is, I think there are a lot of people now after their media blitz who think they need it, but really don't. As a past zoloft user, you must agree, that is not a mild drug.

Software Piracy Software Piracy

Just great. ^_^

A very nice Flash, hilarious. There did seem to be an odd bug with the preloader though; as an example, it would list the movie as being "75.805576651839% loaded". ^_^; Anyhow. Very well done, keep up the good work.

Bill Cosbys Pimp Quest 1 Bill Cosbys Pimp Quest 1

It's no Crimson Room.

To some extent, everyone copies the works they were inspired by. That's not even a bad thing. What is bad is when someone doesn't understand what made their inspiration good or successful.

This game, like many others, seems to me to have been inspired by the crimson room. Everything from the layout of the screen, to the way inventory works, to the invisible hotspots you have to click to get things to happen.

This game lacks the polish and intuitive style found in the Crimson Room, as well as basic usability like a "Combine" button. It's not a bad game per se, but not a very good one either.

It shows promise, but there needs to be serious thought put into how someone with no knowledge of the game is meant to figure out any of the puzzles, other than pure persistence or dumb luck.

Turkey Overdrive Turkey Overdrive

Tab + Enter = win.

It's impressive that you were able to design this in 15 minutes, but there's really very little point to the game. A few things that would have improved it are:

- Levels (reach X points, proceed to next level)
- Different turkeys that take more than one shot to kill
- The need to reload your gun
- Ability to turn sound off

...and such. Also, you may wish to consider changing the game so that you don't need to click on the turkeys to shoot them. Two reasons; one, you can use tab and enter to kill all turkeys with utter ease, and two, it doesn't make much sense when your gun is aimed directly at the turkey but the shot misses because the mouse isn't on them. :P

An OK effort though, especially for 15 minutes. Just needs refinement.

Leviatha RPG V1.1 Leviatha RPG V1.1

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

Um. OK, so there seem to be a few problems with this game that still need to be worked out. In the middle of the battle with the black clock, I get returned to the loading menu.

In the battle with the stupid clock, my character is constantly flashing to the point that I can barely see him, and often turns invisible altogether (also happens in the battle with the black clock).

After the first attempt to cast a spell, magic always results in 'fail' (perhaps just bad luck?). Attacks have never succeeded to have any effect on either opponent.

This game seems to have promise, but it's pretty much unplayable in its current form. Don't get discouraged.